Thursday, July 22, 2010

22.07.2010- The Camel Coat

Camel coats grace the catwalks (click for bigger)
One of the key pieces for this Autumn/Winter is undoubtedly the camel coat. As a progression of this season's neutral nudes, the beiges, biscuits and camel colours that were seen at the runway shows of, amongst others, Marc Jacobs and ChloƩ back in February really encapsulate the hues of autumn and cosiness of winter. Ever since I saw Hannah MacGibbon's designs for the ChloƩ Autumn/Winter collection, I've been keeping my eyes peeled for the perfect camel coat to see me warmly through the winter. Unfortunately, back in April my grandmother passed away, but I was blessed to inherit a treasure from her wardrobe; her very own camel coat, which fits me perfectly. I'm not really sure how old the coat is, but at a guess I would say that my nan would have had it from either the 60's or 70's. Although it came to me in extremely sad circumstances, I feel really proud to now own a piece of my nan's own fashion history, a piece of clothing that she obviously adored given that it retained its place in her wardrobe for so long. After a trip to the dry cleaner, the coat is as good as new and I can't wait to wear it this winter, as it not only has such enormous sentimental value, but also illustrates the fact that good quality wardrobe investments never really go out of fashion.

 Myself modelling the beautifully made camel coat that belonged to my grandmother.

(Image credit: style.com and Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment