Monday, February 14, 2011

14.02.2011- BAFTA, BAFTA, BAFTA

The BAFTA Film Awards took place last night in a rather rainy London, and I was so happy to see some very deserving winners had been chosen- Colin Firth won Best Actor for his role in The King's Speech, and the amazing Inception walked away with several awards too. And I was so happy that Tom Hardy won the Orange Rising Star Award, the only award voted for by the public as I think he's an amazing actor (unlike last year's dubious winner, I'm looking at you Kristen Stewart!) The BAFTA red carpet was also host to a parade of fabulous frocks:
 Amy Adams looked stunning in this peach Elie Saab gown with embellished detailing.

 Bonnie Wright in Clements Ribeiro.

Emma Stone in Lanvin.

 Eva Green played the understated card in this Tom Ford gown, and I loved her classic hairstyle.

 Gemma Arterton wearing Yves Saint Laurent.

 Hailee Steinfeld was my favourite of the night in this sparkly Miu Miu ensemble.

 I've included this photo a) because Julianne Moore looks amazing and b) because I have serious date envy. I think we should all have a Tom Ford a-like on call for such occasions!

Noomi Rapace, nominated for Best Actress for her role in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, looking amazing in Alexander McQueen. 

Did you watch the BAFTAs? What did you think of the winners? And what were your favourite red carpet looks? 

(Image credit: Stylist.)

No comments:

Post a Comment