Tuesday, June 29, 2010

29.06.2010- Fash-ton-bury

This weekend, at Worthy Farm in Somerset, Glastonbury Festival celebrated its 40th birthday. I've got to be honest, I don't really see the appeal of festivals- I put this down to the fact that I hate camping and love showering, but there's no denying that Glastonbury is probably the biggest and best of the U.K's summer music events. Thanks to a weekend of glorious sunshine, the festival escaped the mud caked misery of recent years, and played host to some brilliant acts. For me the highlights (which I watched from the comfort of my sofa) included Florence and the Machine leading a chorus of Dog Days Are Over, Stevie Wonder belting out Superstition, Vampire Weekend performing Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa, possibly the most summery song ever, and The Doctor collaborating with Orbital. However, with A-listers and fashonistas descending on the farm garbed in designer outfits, Glastonbury has become as much about the fashion as the music, amidst outcries that the festival has become 'too middle class'. Here then, are some Glastonbury looks from over the weekend:

Emma Watson, sporting an Alexander Wang side plait, was seen wearing Yves saint Laurent on Day One of the festival, with denim cutoffs and wellies.

Lighter denims and more practical footwear for Day Two as temperatures soared, top marks for casual cool. Also, on the subject of Emma Watson, how fantastic is the trailer for The Deathly Hallows, I cannot wait until November!

Pixie Geldof, black, socks, boots- maybe she has a very high tolerance for the heat?

Alexa Chung, the new face of Lacoste, in a Lacoste shirt and denim cutoffs...I'm spotting a trend here!

Florence Welch, typically kooky but that's why I love her. 

Jameela Jamil, I adore this colour! 

Alison Mosshart, rock star cool. 

Ellie Goulding, in denim cutoffs (see!)

Shakira, wearing an Alexander McQueen vest.

Kate Nash, owww my eyes.

If they could guarantee good weather and a tent with an ensuite that didn't cost the earth, I might be tempted to give Glasto a go. Until then, I'm happy enough watching on telly with my feet up! 

What do you think? Are you an avid festival goer? What did you think of Glastonbury this year? 

(Image credit: style.com, elleuk.com and ONTD.)

No comments:

Post a Comment