Friday, August 13, 2010

13.08.2010- Singular Sensation

I've finally managed to find some high quality scans of Mary-Kate Olsen's editorial for the September issue of US Marie Claire, and, I have to confess, I find it disappointingly bland. With the exception of the following shots, the feature is quite unremarkable and the styling a tad predictable, which is a shame given that Mary-Kate has a track record of appearing in some brilliant editorials (the October 2007 Harper's Bazaar shoot with Lauren Hutton springs to mind.) I don't know whether my expectations are too high, but I wish Marie Claire had been a bit more adventurous, both with the styling and compostion of the images. After all, Ashley's September 2007 editorial for the same magazine was amazing and remains one of my favourites.


If you haven't seen the full editorial yet, NOIR FACADE has the high quality scans.

What do you think of Mary-Kate in Marie Claire? Are you disappointed, or do you love the editorial? Answers on a postcard! x

(Image credit: NOIR FACADE.)

No comments:

Post a Comment