Sunday, November 27, 2011

27.11.2011- Sunday Style Spotlight #9: Kirsten Dunst

Kirsten Dunst has long been a fashion inspiration of mine. I've loved watching her films (Marie Antoinette is one of my all-time favourites), and, after randomly bumping into her in the shoe department of Selfridges a few years ago, I've been an avid follower of her style. Whilst I'm yet to catch her performance in Melancholia, it was great to see Kirsten on the red carpet again during the promotion of the film over the summer, wearing stunning dresses by Chanel, ChloƩ and Rodarte. If I had to summarise her look in one word, I'd probably choose romantic- pretty details, classic shapes and a touch of whimsy all come together to create a much-coveted signature style:
My interpretation of Kirsten's style is all about taking classic pieces and adding to them- this shirt from Miss Selfridge is a perfect wardrobe staple with an added element of sparkle thanks to the embellished collar. The same goes for the Oasis skirt- the lace overlay captures the sense of romance which makes Kirsten's look so recognisable. The embellished touches on this Topshop dress evoke a couture feel at a fraction of the price, and I think these shoes from Zara could be mistaken for a Miu Miu pair. Finally, these earrings from Whistles are both simple and cute, capturing the essence of Kirsten's approach to fashion.

What do you think of Kirsten Dunst's style?

(Image credit: Look, Miss Selfridge, Whistles, Oasis, Topshop, and Zara.)

No comments:

Post a Comment