Thursday, November 24, 2011

Sparkly Stocking Fillers

Hello lovelies, hope you're all well on this utterly freezing Thursday! The chill in the air definitely serves as a sharp reminder that Winter is right around the corner and we all know, that with Winter comes... Christmas!

Oh yes, that festive time of year is fast approaching and with it the frantic frenzy of hunting down those all important stocking fillers for your loved ones.

Fear not though, over the next month (cannot beleive it is just a month till the big day) I'll be showcasing some gorgeous gift ideas for you all to get ordering.

Today, we're having a peek at the beautiful independent jewellery range 'Vintage Princess Jewellery'

Now, if you're anything like me even the name of this gorgeous brand will have got you excited! Let's find out a little more about it from the lovely Laura - the lady in charge herself :
Hi Laura, big thanks for agreeing to showcase your gorgeous sparkles on fashionismyh2o can you give us a brief introduction to Vintage Princess Jewellery? 
Hi lovely! You’re very welcome, thank you for having me!  
I’m Laura and I set up Vintage Princess Jewellery in May 2010. It’s a world of prettiness and girlyness! I make jewellery that is limited edition or one of a kind, through reworking broken, unused and unwanted jewellery with new materials- to make it extra special and unique, just like those who wear it. 

Where can we find your gorgeous goodies? Do you have a shop we can visit? 
I do have a shop! It’s in the centre of Durham, upstairs in the gorgeous home ware shop City Attic which is on North Road. I hope you can visit- it’s my ‘haven of gorgeousness’! If you can’t get to Durham though I do have a website with lots of gorgeous jewels on for sale! It’s www.vintageprincessjewellery.co.uk. Vintage Princess Jewellery is also for sale in other selected boutiques too, you can find them all listed on my website. 

How did you get into making jewellery? Have you always been crafty or is it something that suddenly appealed? 
I’ve always been arty and crafty and I’ve been making jewellery for a while, but only for me really. After university I decided to start making jewellery again, I put a bit on Facebook for people to see and people started buying it! Making jewellery is just so much fun, I really love it! 

What would you say is your current favourite piece of jewellery in the shop? (So sorry to make you choose between your babies!)  
Haha, you meanie! Well, the Swarovski set I’ve made really stands out. It’s a simply gorgeous, elegant jewellery set made of Sterling silver and Swarovski crystal that glistens and catches the light just beautifully!  
Oh but I do love the pieces I made for the Constance Peach photoshoot collection too! With all the feathers, pearls, ribbons and crystals!
Photos Taken by the fabulous Katelizabeth who you can find
Here And Here


Why would you say a piece of Vintage Princess Jewellery would be perfect for a Christmas gift? 
Ooooh, because it would be a gorgeous piece of girly sparkle in your stocking! It would be a unique gift, making it extra special- if you get my one of a kind pieces no one else in the whole world will have the same piece of jewellery as you! 

What would you like to find in your stocking this year? 
Well I would really like a unicorn! Or if that’s not possible, unicorn related gifts will do! Hehe.  

What are your plans for the New Year? Both for Vintage Princess Jewellery and on a personal level. Anything super exciting planned? 
My plans are to make Vintage Princess Jewellery bigger and better than ever! As well as keeping my shop looking beautiful and my website up to date, I’ll be working on more gorgeous new collections, collaborations, I also support Samaritans so I’m planning to raise lots of money for the charity, oh and lots and lots more!

Big Big thanks to the lovely Laura! I'm sure you're all dying to see some more pieces and I'll be more than happy to oblige you :

1. 2. 3. 4

Absolutely stunning right? And with prices starting from jus £2.00 (yes - Really!) I'd hurry on over there right away and get stocking those stockings!

No comments:

Post a Comment