Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday Must Have - Chunky Knit Edition

Hi lovelies, how're we all doing today? I know it's moody Monday and all that but I hope you have at least somewhat of a smile on your faces. I'm currently coming up with a 'Must do right the f*ck now' list - because lets face it, everything gets neglected at weekends and I've got a pile of requirements that need to be attended to!

One of which was this little post, requested by the lovely Lisa (check out her blog here) who is mighty keen on getting her hands on a new chunky knit in the near future, but was struggling with ideas for ways to style it.

To sort out Lisa's little problem I first hunted down this utterly gorgeous chunky knit :
 Which is available at Dorothy Perkins £35.00
and utterly perfect for layering over a variety of Autumn/Winter outfits, as shown here:

Outfit One
 Showing that a comfy knit does not have to equal slobby chic, Outfit One embodies the effortless elegance of a layered and textured Autumn/Winter outfit. The divine silky printed dress placed under the warm cardigan lets you rejoice in the fact that your summer frocks do not have to be condemmed to six months of storage and can continue to shine throughout the colder months. The cute shoes add a cosy feel, as of course, does the hat, whilst the pop of colour from the clutch bag and the element of luxury from the divine peacock style cuff round of the outfit and give it a real luxe edge.

Outfit Two
 Outfit Two is perhaps the most 'Typical' in terms of how one would imagine styling a chunky knit cardigan. Casual yet achingly chic this outfit could be thrown together in minutes and yet looks structured, stylish and not at all sloppy. The rich tone of the top teamed with the divine foppy hat warm the outfit up just as much as the knit itself would do literally, and keep the colour pallet from looking bland. The gorgeous boots would work over anything and most importantly allow you to coat your tootsies in many layers of socks underneath and keep that Winter chill at bay.

Outfit Three
 Outfit Three was clearly influenced by the fact I am going through somewhat of a Nirvana renaissance for the second time in my life. Grunge glamour is high on my list of priorities right now and this set truly embodies this. From the rich burgundy toned skirt to the classic yet not so classc take on Dc Marten boots, this set has more than a whiff of Teen Spirit about it. The slouchy beany and loud and proud rock chick top combine to lace the set with attitude and the hardwearing cuff snarls 'Dont mess with me I'm angsty~ and I'm stylish!'

Outfit Four
Lastly, Outfit Four kind of embodies to me the type of clothes I love to lounge around in at home. Comfy, cosy yet not to scruffy. A little bit of structure helps to reassure your mind that yes, whilst you might not acctualllly have done much today - you at least got up, got dressed and appeared semi-presentable for your lazing. The stripey top is definitely what I'd call a 'classic' as I can think of 150 things off the top of my head that it would work with. The scarf is just perfect for nestling down into and the bracelets are the lazy girls way to inject a little bit of glam into her slumberous style.

There we are then loves, as usual if you've spotted any particular item that you're deperate to get your hands on just leave a comment or tweet me and I'll get back to you with a link.

Also as a quick favour I'd love it if you could all check out my first official blog for Boohoo.co.uk! I'm absolutely thrilled and honoured to be guest blogging for them and it would meen the world if you could have a look. You can do so right HERE.

Thankyou! Happy Monday guys!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment