Sunday, April 24, 2011

24.04.2011- Make It Yourself: Royal Wedding Bunting

As you are probably all well aware, this coming Friday is the Royal Wedding. Although opinion on it seems to be divided, I'm really excited (which I put down to the fact that I've never been to any wedding, let alone a royal one!) and my mum and I are planning a little tea party in front of the telly for the day itself. Everywhere you look, whether it's on Regent Street or your local high street, signs of celebration are everywhere. In preparation for Friday and in an uncharacteristic fit of creativity, I decided to make my own bunting, and share with you what I came up with:

Royal Wedding Bunting

You will need:
  • String
  • Scissors
  • Sellotape
  • Printed patterns
Step One: Find some lovely floral/pretty/patriotic patterns online, and pop them into Word. Then place the triangle template on the pattern (you should be able to fit two on one page) to make the flags for the bunting. Once you have enough (I made mine with about eight flags), print your patterns off.

Step Two: After printing your templates, carefully cut out each triangle and arrange them in an order you like along a length of string. 

 Step Three: Once you've cut out your triangles and placed them, you can then attach them to the string. I found that the easiest way to do this was using very thinly cut strips of clear tape, which you stick on the top of the triangle, fold over the string and then attach to the back of the paper. 

Step Four: When finished, display your bunting!


So there you have it, a really easy way to get into the spirit of the Royal Wedding without breaking the bank! 

Are you looking forward to the Royal Wedding? How are you going to be spending the day? And are you going to make your own decorations?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission. Images edited using Picnik.)

No comments:

Post a Comment