Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday Style - Floral In the Garden

Hello beauties, I hope you're all enjoying the glorious weather and the long weekend that Easter brings. Todays post comes curtesy of said weather - yesterday I was lucky enough to spend sometime at my grandparents house exploring the beautiful garden properly for the first time in many years. Saddly my Grandad passed away last November so there was of course something missing but other than that it was a perfect day. I took loads of pictures, climbed the tree like a pro (hello moss stains) and played tennis on the lawn - it was a real trip down memory lane and just what I needed.

I wont spam you with all of the pictures I took so here are a few of my faves:






The blooming of the garden stuck with me when I got home and brought me back to a trend that I've been obsessed with for many years :
Floral

Floral is such a versatile and gorgeous trend  it can be incredibly girly and pretty or in complete antithesis very grungey and edgy, or, it can be pretty much anything in between.

For Todays floral looks I took inspiration from my grandparents garden and went for some naturistic floral looks, here we are:


 Firstly we have this pretty Camisole with large tropical style flower patterning. Teamed with a simple pair of denim cuttoffs or a bodycon skirt this is one of those basic pieces that manage to be simple but jazz up any outfit at the same time.

 Then we have this elegant playsuit which I feel has a slightly 50's esque look about it, the floral detail is simple yet stunning and it'd be a gorgeous piece for summer holidays.

 Then there's this ditzy printed skirt which I think actually literally looks like a garden in Summer ha-ha. It's super cute and could literally be teamed with anything from a simple black tank top to an ornate embellished cami, and also (more forward planning) it'd be perfect over black tights to brighten up winter wardrobes.River Island £24.99


 Finally we have what I think is my favourite - This divine bohemian kaftan style dress which is just the embodiment of summer (and can't you just picture boho queen Nicole Richie in this?) It's just gooorgeous and like the skirt above could be carried through the seasons - definitely a must have! And also a complete steal at just...
River Island £25.00

And to finish off here's what I wore to enjoy the gorgeous weather (appologies for the crappy qual picture my lovely camerawoman Nat was saddly not around ha-ha)


You can probably already tell but my outfit consisted of:

Black Drapey Tank top with lacey back - New Look
Cream Bodycon Skirt - New Look
Black and Cream flats - ... New Look again
Hadn't realised how much I'd raided New-Look ha-ha
.


So yeah, that was my day, my inspiration, my high-street finds and my crappy quality OOTD - I promise I'll be back with better ones soon!
Hope you lovelies like + enjoy the rest of your weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment