Monday, April 18, 2011

18.04.2011- California Dreamin'

Anyone who knows me well will tell you that going to a music festival is my idea of hell. Although I'm sure the atmosphere at places like Glastonbury and Reading is fantastic, I've never seen the appeal of being stuck inside a tent without access to hot water, a proper loo or a comfortable bed. As 'old-before-my-time' as it makes me sound, I'd much rather watch festival coverage on TV, sat on the sofa with a mug of tea and a biscuit or two, content in the knowledge that I don't have to worry about my tent flooding or getting trench foot from my waterlogged wellies. However, if I was to be seduced into going to one festival, it would, without a shadow of a doubt, be Coachella. Not only does the festival attract amazing headliners year on year, but it also takes places in California, so perfect weather is guaranteed. Coachella 2011 took place over the weekend, and, as we've come to expect, was as star-studded as ever. Here are my picks of the Coachella crew's festival fashion:

Diane Kruger in a relaxed maxi skirt and sun hat combo.
Kate Bosworth showing her patriotic side.
Isabel Lucas in a hippy inspired outfit.
Alexa Chung in a failsafe dress and summer sandals.
And, as if more proof were needed that sunny Coachella was the place to be over the weekend, Emma Hill hosted a Mulberry pool party, complete with cocktails, kebabs and more well-garbed guests...

Alexa (again!)
Camilla Belle.
Emma Hill and Gia Coppola.
Nicole Richie.
The pool...
...and the food!

If looking at that photo of the pool doesn't make you want to book a one way ticket to next year's festival then I don't know what will!

What do you think of music festivals? Have you ever been to one? And who was your best-dressed at Coachella?

(Image credit: Harper's Bazaar, elleuk.com and Mulberry Blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment