Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday Trend - Look for less

Hello Lovelies - here we are on the eve of yet another Bank Holiday! They seem to be coming thick and fast at the moment giving me lots of time to enjoy a little internet browsing. 

Today I have for you something that I'm really interested in - designer looks for less.
Whilst looking at gorgeous designer clothes ranks pretty high on my 'I'm bored and I have nothing better to do' radar, I unfortunately massively lack the funding to ever contemplate even considering purchasing anything. I also find the idea of spending obscene amounts of money on a simple tank top... obscene. This has lead to me searching high and low across the internet to try and find some budget friendly alternatives to designer pieces that have caught my eye recently.

I hope what I've found below inspires you that although the quality may not quite be the same it is possible to find High-street budget friendly alternatives to designer delights.

Here we go:

 Firstly we have this Balmain Tank top that whilst undoubtebly gorgeous in a laid back rock n roll chic ways retails at a staggering £845 which is impossible for most budgets.
 However this High-Street option has the same laid back chic feel and despite missing a few of Balmains defining details I feel it's a pretty decent substitute and at an absolute tiny fraction of the orignials price is more than worth a try.Topshop £18.00

 Then we have this absolutely gorgeous camisole which is the perfect pretty shade for Summer but at $310 from The Row it is again far too expensive for the regular girl on the street.
 Which is where this divine imitation comes in - incredibly similar infact I actually got confused over which was which whilst compiling this postTopshop £38.00

 Then we have these super hot platform strapped wedges which retail at £185 from Karen Millen making them less of a splurge than the previous items but still a little pricey for those on a real tight budget
Their High-Street counterparts however would be affordable to literally all and are pretty fierce in their own rightNew Look £15.00

 Then there's this gorgeous simple shirt from Net A Porter whicb although classicly gorgeous is a little too pricey for my taste at £205

 This High-Street replica however is right up my street and almost as gorgeous I think!
Topshop £18.00


 So there we have it, whilst I'm not claiming that these imitations are perfect they certainly offer an alternative to those who really cannot afford to drop hundreds of pounds on one item and frankly I think sometimes especially in the case of the pink camisole it's quite hard to tell the difference!

What's your opinion lovelies?
Do you think the High-street can ever compete? And how do you feel about spending the large amount of £ on designer items?




No comments:

Post a Comment