Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday Trend - Mustard

Hey lovelies, I hope you're all well and looking forward to your extended easter weekend! It's a gorgeous day here and I've well and truly got into the Spring mood by 'Spring Cleaning' my room. It's looking a heck of a lot better now and I have a lot more space ... which I'm planning to promptly re-fill with new goodies ;)

So as I was browsing online earlier I really noticed a subtle trend that seems to have crept onto the high-street - Mustard.

Mustard clothes seem to be everywhere right now and I must say I think it's a great shade for spring/summer, as shown here by some of Hollywoods elite fashionistas:
 

 Firstly the lovely Diane Kruger:
Working a divine mustard tone dress on the red carpet which is the epitome of unique vintage glamour and works perfectly with her skin tone - proving that Mustard is wearable for all skin tones.

Then we have the beautiful Kate Bosworth:
 
In a much more casual but none the less gorgeous vintage style number which teamed with tights and boots would make the perfect autumn-chic look (planning ahead now girls lol)

Then the ever chic Olivia Palermo


Wearing a gorgeous bright mustard toned skirt which I beleive shows the perfect way to wear mustard for summer - simple and clean lined creating a perfect sillohoutte. Not that we'd expect anything less from Miss Palermo.
 
 If you feel inspired by the lovely ladies above then I've sourced a few mustard items from the good old High-Street to help you achieve the look:


Firstly there's this gorgeous beachy style summer dress which for some reason really reminds me of pocahontas ha-ha. It's so casual but pretty It'd go with anything I think and look especially perfect with some pretty sandals and ethnic jewellery.
Topshop £32.00



 Then we have this simple slouchy Tee which is the most versatile style top ever and would work over or under anything or on it's own.
Topshop £12.00

 Lastly we have this gorgeous sheer shirt which I would personally style over a bikini on some gorgeous beach in the sun (yeah I can dream) with a waist-cincing belt and some more jewellery. Ahh dreaming of summer now!


So there we have it ladies a lovely new trend for the summery months!
What do you think of mustard? A MUST have or a MUST avoid?





No comments:

Post a Comment