Sunday, May 1, 2011

01.05.2011- My Month in Pictures: April

Happy May Day everyone! I hope you've all had a lovely day and have something wonderful planned for the Bank Holiday tomorrow. As we wave goodbye to April, here's what the last month has been like for me in pictures:

6th April- My mum and I made a spontaneous little trip to London Zoo at the beginning of the month as the weather was so nice. We got to see a lot of the animals, including the beautiful tigers and the cutest baby gorilla! It was lovely to be out and enjoying the sunshine.

19th April- Again, because the weather last month was so glorious, my mum and I made the most of it by enjoying a picnic just a short walk away from where we live. The old quarries have been transformed into a nature reserve, and one is home to a family of swans who seemed to be enjoying the sunshine as much as we were.

28th April- Along with my friends Liz and Sarah, I went along to the National Theatre to see the sold-out production of Frankenstein, which I'll be reviewing on here soon. Of course this involved some obligatory snaps by the river, and I was amazed by this drink, called 'The Experiment', which was on sale at the theatre bar in celebration of the performance. When we were on the way home, we saw that the London Eye was lit up very patriotically in red, white and blue in anticipation of the events which were due to unfold the following day...

29th April-...which leads me nicely on to the mini-tea party which we threw for the Royal Wedding on Friday. After making my own bunting, I proudly displayed it in the front room as we tucked in to finger sandwiches, homemade cupcakes and homemade scones. Lovely stuff!

What did you get up to in April?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission. Images edited using Picnik.)

No comments:

Post a Comment