Friday, May 27, 2011

27.05.2011- In with the New Vintage

This summer, vintage styles are making a massive impact on the high street, as stores look to designs of the past for inspiration. Ever since reading about Oasis' New Vintage collection a few weeks ago, I've been looking forward to seeing the full range unveiled. The collection, which takes inspiration from the Mad Men aesthetic, is made up of five beautiful dresses and a selection of co-ordinating accessories, all of which replicate the feminine and curve-defining silhouettes of the 1950s:


New Vintage Wisteria Print Dress, £125.


 New Vintage Rosa Print Prom Dress, £110.

 
New Vintage Monet Print Prom Dress, £150.





Vintage Bags, £35 each.


                                           Vintage Scarves, £16 each.

I couldn't love this collection more if I tried. The dresses are cut beautifully and create the perfect 50s hourglass proportions, and the prints are just stunning, perfect for any upcoming weddings, garden parties, summer balls or (insert sense of impending doom here!) graduations.  I also really love the co-ordinating accessories; they are a perfect compliment to the dresses, or a great way to add just a hint of vintage style to any outfit- the scarves would look great with jeans, a blazer and a simple white t-shirt or looped through a bag strap. I'll definitely be popping into my local branch of Oasis to seek out this beautiful collection, and I've already got my heart set on two of the scarves.

As if this bounty of beautiful frocks and accessories wasn't enough, to celebrate the launch of the collection, those wonderfully talented Biscuiteers have created a box of special iced biscuits, each in the shape of a dress, scarf or bag from the New Vintage range. Thanks to the lovely Hannah from Oasis, I was lucky enough to be sent a box, and I practically snatched them from the hands of our poor unsuspecting postman when they were delivered this morning!


Aren't they beautiful? I don't know if I'll be able to bring myself to eat them, as I know how much time and hard work will have gone into making each one. If you're not familiar with the work of the Biscuiteers, make a point of checking out their website to see more of their edible artwork. I got their book as a birthday present last year, and it really is amazing. A massive thanks to Hannah for sending me such a lovely little gift, I might even try and recreate these beautiful biscuits myself (although rest assured they will be nowhere near as good as these!)

To find out more about the New Vintage collection, visit oasis.com.

What do you think of Oasis' New Vintage collection? Will you be picking anything up? And what do you make of the biscuits?

(Image credit: Oasis and Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment