Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday Style - Loungewear

Hey beauties, happy Saturday! Now, I don't know about you fashionistas but for me, there's nothing more appealing on a lazy saturday than lounging around the house reading a few magazines, browsing a few blogs and eating my bodyweight in anything that I've deprived myself of all week. Bliss.

However, with this lovely lounging comes a big problem - fashion completely goes out the window. Boyfriends trackies, oversized T's, mangy old hoodies and -hides- ugg boot slippers! A.K.A the ultimate fashion sins.

So today I set about hunting down some lovely clothes that manage to combine comfort with a little bit of chic so all you lovelies can enjoy lounging around without compromising your gorge style!

 Firstly this lovely grey slouchy jumper which to me screams of cosey chic, the gorgeous marbled colour keeps it effortlessly chic whilst the slouchy fit keep it soft and comfy. Teamed with simple leggings this would be a very simply chic look for your lounging.
 Then we have this white slouchy top with subtle animal printing - just looking at the loose drapey material makes me instantly feel comfy, but the patterning and clever cut meen that it still holds a great shape and again teamed over leggings would look super cute.

 Next we have these denim leggings/ jeggings. I'm not a massive fan of jeggings I think they're just a little too unsupporting generally to be really flattering, but for lounging around the house I think they offer a look that seems a little more thought out and put together - like skinny jeans, but with the comfort of leggings - win win?
 Then there's this really simple chic peach coloured vest. It's loose fit again is appropriate for comfort (and munching) and the gorgeous colour keeps it really fresh and stylish. Teamed with simple black leggings or even cute black yoga pants this would look gorge.
 Now if you fall into my camp of finding dresses/skirts much more comfy than trousers then this is for you - simple, loose, flattering, black. I do not think there is a more effortlessly & casually chic dress out there anywhere. I'm definitely going to be purchasing this ASAP.
 Then there's this gorge classic tunic dress, which would work perfectly over leggings, jeggings, or over black tights. It's comfy, it's simple, it's chic and it's cheap!
And finally my ultimate lazy-chic staple piece- simple black leggings. So much more flattering and form fitting than huge tracksuits leggings with a simple long top and jumper puts the chic in simple chic and will see you through a whole season of lazy lounging!Topshop £12.00

On top of these basics my advice for lazy-chic would be to add a gorgeous patterned scarf to your outfit for a bit of an instant pulled together look. Then make sure you brush your hair a little eyeliner and lipbalm and your completely casual but completely chic!

Happy lazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment