Wednesday, May 4, 2011

04.05.2011- 'Ill MET by moonlight...'

One of the red carpet events I look forward to year after year is the MET Ball; in fashion terms it's almost as show stopping as the Oscars. This year, however, I couldn't help but feel a little bit let down by most of the gowns on display, especially after being so overwhelmed last week by the sheer simple beauty of the dresses designed by Sarah Burton for Catherine Middleton. In contrast to the simple elegance we saw last week, I was a quite disappointed by the sheer chaos of the red carpet and I was disappointed not to see more McQueen pieces on show, given that the ball was held in a celebration of the opening of the Savage Beauty exhibition. However, in amongst the excess and somewhat bizarre choices, I've picked out a few attendees who I think got the mood of the event just right:

 I loved Diane Kruger's Jason Wu dress, and her vintage inspired hair and make-up.

 Chanel Iman looked beautiful in Dolce and Gabbana with understated accessories.

 Dakota Fanning in flower festooned Valentino.

 Hailee Steinfeld in Stella McCartney, probably my favourite of the night.

 Michelle Williams looking radiant in Miu Miu.


What did you think of the looks from the MET ball? Were you as disappointed as I was? And who were your favourites on the red carpet?

No comments:

Post a Comment