Wednesday, July 6, 2011

100th Post - Summer Must Haves

Hello lovelies I'm so happy to tell you all that this is fashionismyh2o's 100th blog post! Argh! How did time fly by so quickly? I wanted to say a quick thankyou thankyou thankyou before I get one with todays post as I could not have managed this blog journey without you and I love each and everyone of you to bits and hope you keep coming back for hundreds more posts in the future!

Anyway, with soppiness out of the way todays post is all about 'Summer Must Haves' now... I'm writing this whilst cuddled up in my boyfriends hoodie with a cat on my lap and pouring rain outside ... not exactly what you would imagine 'Summer' to be like, but hey ho I'll work with what I've got and use a little imagination for what I would want to be rocking if the weather actually behaved itself for once!

To start the list off is one of my absolute must-have items (regardless of seasons) : 

The Maxi Dress
Maxi Dresses are something that I just can't get enough of! (Literally if I could sing I would sing the Black eyed peas song to every Maxi Dress I own ... but I can't and frankly that'd be weird so...) Moving on as to why I adore them so much - They flatter literally all body shapes, skinny mini's, pears, curvy lovelies and all in between can look fabulous in a maxi dress and best of all they're just so damn comfy!

Here are my top 5 maxi dresses around at the moment :
From Left to Right :

This gorgeous simple black dress would look both super chic and super flattering. It's probably one of the easiest dresses ever to wear and I honestly think it'd suit everyone as whilst it's fitted enough to give even the teeniest girls some shape it's drapey material would skim any bulges and flatter larger figures

This unique nautical style striped number is both casual and sporty yet classic and glam. It's different to stereotypical blue and white nautical styles and therefor adds instant individualism to your summer styling. Again a super flattering shape although curvier girls might want to stay away from this number as the jersey like material is known to be incredibly clingy and therefor might highlight areas you'd rather conceal.

Then there's this beautiful floral print dress which I'm absolutely in love with the mix of classic black base and bright summery floral patterns is a win win for me and I adore it. Again this is a dress I can imagine flattering all shapes although girls with a bigger bust might struggle to find a supportive bra that could be hidden underneath the sleeveless top.


Next there is this gorgeous feather print patterned maxi which is just beautiful and perfect for summer. The colours remind me of a beautiful sunset and wouldn't it just be so fitting to be wearing this whilst watching one for real this summer? The one shoulder fit would balance out a bottom heavy pair shape or add width to skinny minis looking for a little filling out.

Lastly we have this absolutely divine champagne coloured gown which is just divine for summer balls. The gorgeous pleated material reminds me of Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the city and the effortless glam of the dress certainly would fit in perfectly with New Yorks finest! Simply stunning!

Next up on the must have list we have another summer staple of mine : 
Denim Shorts
Denim shorts are one of those effortlessly chic pieces of clothing that you don't have to think about and that will never go out of style! Simple yet gorgeous they look fabulous with just about anything and can be dressed up or down depending on your mood or occasion. Providing you buy the right size shorts - dont be scared to go up a size it's so much more flattering than having a little overhang - denim shorts can flatter anyone. If you're curvier and feel a little stocky in them simply choose darker denim for a minimising effect and team with wedges or nude heels to elongate and slim legs.

Here's my top Denim shorts currently on the highstreet:

 From left to right again:

Firstly these funky studded rock n roll stylin' shorts that I'm obsessed with atm! A little bit of simple rock chick glamour to incorporate easy breasily into any of your wardrobes. Perfect to team with simple T's, band T's, tanks, cami's, shirts, crop tops... the list goes on!

Then we have these beatiful pink tinged shorts which remind me of the pink ladies in Grease! They're super cute and I'd love a par in my life. I can imagine these looking either gorgeously girly with a cute blouse and some sandals or edgily glam teamed with some ankle booties and a black tank/leather jacket combo! Delish!

Then we have these super cute casual style shorts which have lovely pinstripe detailing on them (it doesn't translate too well on the image but they're super cute) these would be perfect for a flattering comfy short to wear a million times a summer.

Lastly we have perhaps the most flattering pair of shorts on the list a gorgeous simple black denim pair. The shorts are a fabulous length - not too short and of course being in flattering black meens that they'd slim down any sillohoutte. Chic and slimming what more could you want?

Next up on my 'Must Have' list is:

Simple Summer Tops:
In the Summer (well when we actually get anything resembling a Summer) I absolutely live in simple but chic tops which I can layer up or down and just throw on over anything. Basic yet gorgeous and lightweight for the heat they're some of the most important items in my wardrobe and on a cost per wear basis are worth their weight in gold!

Here's my top five:
Again from left to right

I think it's fairly obvious why I would love this top. It's just everything I adore - gorgeous nude colour (I live in simple nude shades in the summer) bohemian print and with some beautiful silky material thrown in. Infact you could probably call this Sarah's fashion dream ha-ha. It's just lovely and how friggin cute would it look teamed with those black shorts above?!

Next we have this divine Orange tank top - this for me is the embodiment of Summer brights and how gorgeous is that soft silk material? I feel like this would feel perfect against your skin on hot Summer nights and would again look gorgeous teamed with the shorts above.

Next up is this beautiful soft mint shaded silky shirt which with it's cute buttons is again perfect in my eyes. I'd team it with either white skinny jeans or denim cuttoffs in the day and then glam it up by tucking it into a high waist skirt in the evening.

Then we have this simple black shirt top. Although black is generally a no-go in the sun I think the lightweight material of this shirt allows it to work here and frankly if you're most comfortable in black clothes in the Winter why should that change in the Summer? Team with some gorgeous jewellery and a bright clutch and you have a perfect bright outfit without loosing your comfort zone.

Then lastly we have one of those simple tanks that every girl needs in her wardrobe. It's gorgeous creamily tone is just like ice-cream and it's loose fit is so perfect for holidays as you never know when a giant bloat inducing but oh so yummy feast will come your way! Throw on over anything - jeans, shorts, skirts or even layer it over a dress - it's one of those super versatile pieces and it's absolutely gorgeous to boot!


Then we have something which can always change an outfit and always always has a place on any of my 'must have' lists :

Jewellery
Now I'm sure I dont have to sing the praises of jewellery too hard to any of you - who doesn't love it? The way one simple piece can completely change an outfit and add a fabulous new dynamic is just perfect! I love and adore adding to my jewellery collection and these pieces have tempted me more than anything lately :

This rock n roll spiked bangle would add some edge to any outfit and work perfectly in a sweaty holiday club where any pervy men might be getting too close to you ;) (I'm not condoning violence merely promoting getting the best use out of your jewellery as possible ha-ha)

Then there is these beautiful red diamond shaped earings which I absolutely adore. They remind me of Nicole Richie's House of Harlow line and I can't tell you how perfect they look to me! I think with a gorgeous black maxi dress like the one above and a tribal print clutch they'd just be perfection. In the words of Rachel Zoe 'I die!'
Topshop £8.50

We then have these funky coloured bangles which I just think are so classy and colourful. They'd brighten any outfit up and just add a really cute playful edge whilst still keeping it really classy and elegant. The warm tones are perfect for Summer but would also work perfectly in the Autumn.

Now I have a personal obsession with snake bracelets - my best friend Nat got me an incredible one for my 18th last year and ever since then the obsession has grown! This gorgeous one is just Eygptian Chic at it's height and would look perfect wrapped around a tanned wrist this Summer. Topshop £12.50

Lastly I think double fingered rings are super cute and this Eagle winged one is no exception. With a piece like this there's no need to worry about other jewellery you can dress your outfit up with perfect ease and be ready in no-time.

Lastly we have the ultimate fashionista finish to an outfit :

Shoes
Ahhh shoes. I could talk about shoes all day. I could drool about shoes all day. I could dream about shoes all day. But yeah, time to post about shoes! Shoes are pretty much a necessity to everyday life unless of course you are a hippie chicky type in which case I salute you but you're missing out! Shoes can much like jewellery change a whole outfit up within a second - add a pair of heels to jeans and a tank and you're ready to hit up any bar, add a pair of flats to a maxi dress and you take it from ball-gown to side-walk ready - it's that easy. I could probably post about a million 'top' shoes that are around at the moment but I've limited myself (aka controlled myself) and here are my tops:

Firstly here we have some amaaazing platforms. Nude which = Leg elongating. Wooden heeled = perfect for summer. And chunky heeled which = less chance of a hospital visit! Perfecto.

Then we have these amazingly cute simple simple simple sandals. I adore the black pipe like material - it's patent which is always a love of mine and then the cute pink bows add some kind of rockabilly style to them which I am totally adoring. I think these'd look super cute with a pair of shorts + a top tucked in or as a gorgeous alternative to heels with a maxi dress.

Next we have these uber chic ballet flats which are in the cuuutest shade imaginable! I love these I think they'd look perfect with anything from a dress to leggings and a tank. They're chic they're cute and most importantly they're super comfy. These are the type of shoes I rock at work (in a Primary school running after 7/8 year olds all day) so I praise the Lord everytime I come across a cute pair to add to my collection.

We then have these amazing sandals which are basically summer in a shoe! The peppy yellow colour would look beautiful teamed with a pretty sundress but equally stunning teamed with black skinny jeans and a simple shirt! I love them and I'm seriously temped to get them. Personally I'd wear with a black dress for a cute juxtoposition of dark and bright.

Lastly we have the shoes I've been obsessing over all Summer - these amazing platforms. The shade is jus perfect for me - pinky but not pink. Dusky but not too dusky. Creamy but not just cream. Mhmm! They also again look super comfy and rock a heel that isn't tooo high. These may just be ending up in my wardrobe sooner or later!
H&M £29.99

So there we are lovelies! My Summer 'Must Have' Post!
What would you include in yours? Is there anything you think I've missed that you couldn't live without?
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment