Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Feature - Versatility

Hello loves! Happy Friday! Hope you're all well and looking forward to the weekend! This week seems to have gone super fast last time I looked it was Monday and now I'm facing the weekend - lovely! I've begun the much publicised '30 day shred' this week so I'll be keeping you updated on how it goes and getting you checking out my new body lol!

But anyway, today I have a really interesting topic to discuss with you and that is 'Versatility' - the ability to wear one item of clothing in multiple different ways. Now as a girl on a budget I absolutely adore versatile pieces as they meen you can spend less but wear just as much and today I have a great example to show you all, here we are:

The item that I've chosen to show an example of versatility with is:

 This beautiful red dress from Peacocks which at just £12.00 is an absolute bargain and reminds me of the gorgeous Halston Herritage dresses rocked by Sarah Jessica Parker.


Here are some ways I've styled this dress:

Outfit One

This outfit has a definite bohemian feel to it and I feel like it'd be perfect for hot summer days or (if you live in England) your summer holidays. The dress would look divine with a tan and the warm neutral colours and gold jewellery would look perfect in the sun. The lovely light material would keep you cool and the lovely bright colour would be perfect for a summery wardrobe.

Outfit Two
Then we have this outfit which is far more 'classic' I feel like as long as you don't work in a super formal enviroment this would be a perfect Summer outfit to wear to work. The blazer and simple black ballet flats formalize the dress and help tone it down although the dresses gorgeous colour and material keep it summery and pretty.  

Outfit Three
Next we have this outfit which is much more 'glam' the dress would look absolutely gorgeous dressed up for a night on the town with your friends or a hot summer date night! The glamourous accessories help dress it up and that clutch just tops it all off. Also I'm absolutely desperate to own those shoes!

Outfit Four

Lastly we have outfit number four which is a much more 'edgy' and rock n roll look. I think this is potentually my favourite as it fits in with my personal style. The elegant dress teamed with the tough jacket and the spikey heels would look amazing for a night out or a glamourous shopping trip (if you can face walking in heels ha-ha) then the funky watch just adds a little more edge to finish the look off.
So there we are - sometimes one item can work for you in many many different ways depending on what you team it with. What do you lovelies think? Do you love versatile pieces or do you prefer to buy different items? Let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment