Monday, July 18, 2011

Dressing For Your Body Shape - Maxi edition

Hi honeys! Blooming horrible wet monday here in the middlands (what's new though really?!) so I'm all cosied up inside working on the blog and scoffing a mars-bar (feel super sick now urgh!) whilst hiding from the elements ha-ha. But anyway I hope you are all alright and not having too much of the Monday blues and hopefully this little post will inspire some better weather and give you something pretty to look at ha-ha (no no it's not my face don't get too excited!)

Today I have another installment of  my 'Dressing for your body shape' posts, you can check out the originial post here if you'd like or just settle down for this next chapter. As we all should know finding the right clothes to suit your body and more precisely your body shape can make an absolutely massive difference to how you look and more importantly feel about yourself! A clever trick here and there can make all the difference and with this set of posts I aim to teach you all the little things you can tweak.

Todays Dressing for your body shape post is focusing on assisting you in finding the perfect style of a really great Summer staple that I'm sure most of you already have in your wardrobes :

The Maxi Dress
Maxi Dresses are ridiculously versatile and chic, they can be casual, dressy or all out show-stopping and everything in between. Super simple to style they're definitely one piece that I'd always want in my wardrobe and in the warm Summer months they become a real neccessity - who wants to have to panic about considering what to wear when it's boiling hot and you have a BBQ waiting?

So now, here is an example of the kind of Maxi dress that would suit your particular body-shape :
 
Pear Shaped


For our Pear-shaped example I have gone with this gorgeous rich berry coloured dress. Cinced in at the waist to high-light a pears best feature - a teeny middle, this dress is super flattering for pear shaped ladies. The slight V shaped strap detail would widen shoulders a little helping to balance out your larger bottomed proportions. The gorgeous material is close fitting on the top half which would show a small waist and delicate upper body to perfection, but then skims larger hips softly allowing for a little camoflauge of the area you may be more conscious of.
Miss Selfridge £50.00

Apple Shaped

For our lovely Apple shaped lovelies we have this absolutely beauty of a dress which I would quite love for myself please?! As Apples tend to struggle with their stomach area this dress with it's flattering draping material would be the perfect antidote. Hiding a larger stomach with it's elegant folds it's still very fitted which would allow you to keep an elegant sillhoutte and avoid the temptation to hide yourself in an unflatteringly loose dress. Then we have the incredible colour and I really don't think I need to say any more on that - it's just >gorgeous<
Dorothy Perkins £35.00

 Hour Glass

 For all you hour-glass babes (lucky things!) we have this beautiful black number which I think we'd all agree is a complete show-stopper! The gorgeous fit would pull you in at the waist and show off your fabulous curves whilst the large straps would allow you some upper body support - important if you're a bustier lady (I can only imagine me and my A's envy you ha-ha) a little bit of plunge allows the glam stakes but the classic black colour and length keeps it classy - overall an amazing dress and a complete bargain at...
Peacocks £20.00

Rectangle / Petite

Lastly we have this gorgeous dress for our petite ladies who don't have the curviest bods. The one shouldered design of this dress would again widen shoulders and give the look of a more broad body. The nipped in elasticated waist would create the effect of a narrower part on a less curvy torse giving the illusion of more of an hour-glass figure and creating shape. Then the beautiful pattern would again broaden the body a little (and come on it's absolutely beautiful!)
Topshop £68.00

So there we are my loves! I truly hope that this is useful to you and you like my selections ha-ha! If you want any other particular item of clothing features on the 'dressing for your body shape' series leave a comment here or drop me a tweet or an email - fashionismyh2o@hotmail.co.uk
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment