Monday, September 5, 2011

05.09.2011- Monday Must-haves: Winter Coat edition

Hello my lovelies! Hope you all had wonderful weekends. I know I probably sound like a broken record, but I honestly can't believe it's September already- the year has really flown by. Whilst I'm not really looking forward to the winter (dark mornings are the creation of the devil), one thing I am excited about is shopping for some new season essentials. So, with that in mind, this week's Must-haves post is appropriately winter themed, and features my pick of the best new season coats I've seen so far:


I have to confess, I'm a bit of a coat addict. Every year I vow not to cave in and buy myself a new one, and every year, without fail, I fail! I love this mustard yellow swing coat from Topshop, the bright colour would be the perfect boost during the gloomy winter months and the 60s inspired shape is bang on trend. I've yet to be convinced by capes (the idea of being exposed to a draught is one which makes me flinch!) but this gorgeous brown version from ASOS might just convert me- it certainly looks lovely and cosy. The classic camel coat will be forever stylish, and the belt detail on this one from Diana Vickers' collection for Very creates the perfect cinched in shape, and the colour is heavenly. I love the aviator style collar on this Pins & Needles trench from Urban Outfitters, and the muted neutral tones make it a really versatile piece. Finally, I think this Darling coat may just be the perfect addition to any wardrobe for AW11; it incorporates three trends in one- the collar detail, princess shape and deep burgundy colour. Decisions, decisions...

Have you picked up your winter coat yet? And what do you make of my choices for this week?

(Image credit: Topshop, ASOS, very.co.uk and Urban Outfitters.)

No comments:

Post a Comment