Monday, August 29, 2011

29.08.2011- (Bank Holiday) Monday Must-haves

Hello lovelies! Hope you've all had a lovely, relaxing Bank Holiday Monday. My productive morning slid into a very lazy afternoon, as I fell asleep watching The Incredibles (how rock and roll of me!)...but if you can't indulge in a mid-afternoon nap at the Bank Holiday than when can you? Luckily, I'm now wide awake and here with my must-haves for this week:


This week's 'Must-haves' is a bit of a dress fest, but as autumn fast approaches I'm going to be stocking up on versatile styles which I can team with tights, boots and woolly jumpers to keep the cold at bay! This swing dress from ASOS is at the top of my 'winter dresses' list, I love the shape and the lace detailing, plus the turn-down collar is oh-so trendy. I saw this leopard print drop-waisted dress in Zara at the weekend, and instantly fell in love with the colours...perfectly autumnal. As a rule I'm not a big fan of leopard print (I always think there's a fine line between looking stylish and channelling the first lady of leopard, HRH Bet Lynch) but I love that this print isn't too gaudy. I also picked this failsafe floral number from New Look, as I think it would look perfect with a chunky knit and is a definite keeper for the summer months too. I was really drawn to the muted colours of this top from Oasis, and love the cut too. I fell in love with this ring from Whistles after spying it on Vicky's blog a while ago, and am including it here as a reminder to myself to buy it soon...simply too cute. Finally, I got a little bit too excited when Topshop dropped their new season make-up online last week, as I'm a massive fan of their lipsticks (they have amazing staying power). This baby pink shade is perfect, and I've been after a similar colour for ages (can you tell I'm trying to justify adding to my rapidly expanding collection?!)

What bits and pieces have you got your eye on at the moment? And what do you think of my picks for this week?

(Image credit: ASOS, Oasis, Topshop, Zara, New Look and Whistles.)

No comments:

Post a Comment