Sunday, August 21, 2011

21.08.2011- Sunday Style Spotlight #1: Karen Gillan

New feature alert! I've had this idea floating around my brain since the New Year (proactive, I know!) but it's taken me this long to get it down on paper (or Blogger, if you like). Anyway, better late than never, here is the first of what I'm hoping will become a regular post for your Sundays- essentially casting an admiring eye over the style of some of my current fashion favourites. Hope you enjoy!

Now, if you're anything like me (a bit of a nerd) then you'll be eagerly anticipating the arrival of the second half of the present series of Doctor Who on television next weekend. After a few massively confusing episodes at the opening of the series (too much for my tiny mind to handle!), I'm looking forward to seeing the direction the second half takes, and cannot wait for the return of James Corden as Craig. So, with this in mind, what better way to welcome back the Doctor than by celebrating the style of his most fashionable companion to date- Amy Pond, alias Karen Gillan.

I've admired Karen's style since she began making appearances when the series was re-launched last year. She's got such unique style and isn't afraid to embrace a bold fashion choice, but her look is still really accessible and easily replicated on the high street.

Think one-off vintage dresses, oversize boyfriend jackets, toughened up footwear and statement accessories and you're there. Karen is set to make even more of a fashion statement over the coming weeks, as she stars in the BBC Four drama We'll Take Manhattan, playing iconic 60's model Jean 'The Shrimp' Shrimpton. I can't wait to see it, and am sure the costumes will be amazing.

Are you a fan of Karen's style? And are you looking forward to the return of Doctor Who?

(Image credit: Glamour, Look, The Fashion Spot, ASOS, Dune, Rokit, River Island, Topshop and Missguided.)

No comments:

Post a Comment