Friday, August 5, 2011

Requested - Pretty Woman inspired look

Hello dolls! Happy Friday - waheyyy weekend time already! Hope you're all well and good with some fantabulous plans for your days off. I'm off to liverpoool (insert terrible attempt at a scouser accent) to see the football with my boyfriend and maaybe squeeze in a look at the shops if I'm lucky! Very excited and will definitely be taking lots of pics to show you all.


Today I have a requested 'look for less' which came from the lovely Jess from JessicaWainwright Jess asked me if I could possibly re-create a high-street version of a fabulous look from the movie 'Pretty Woman' and of course I had to have a go!

Here's the gorgeous look she wanted recreating:


And here is my high-street picks to re-create it (Saddly no rich swoon worthy guy included - need to work on that bit)

 Firsty this lovely polka dot dress. The print is a little bit more subtle than Julia Roberts's in the movie but I think that helps make this look a little more modern and suitable for an everday look. The colour is lovely and that belt will help to cinch in waists for a flattering hourglass effect.
Mango at ASOS £28.00
 Then we have these super cute shoes - you can't actually see the shoes Julia is wearing in this shot and having never watched Pretty Woman (I know I know shoot me) I had to just go with what I thought would compliment the rest of the look - enter these beauties, classic, pretty and very versatile - perfect.
H&M £24.99


Then we have this fabulous bag which I think manages to combine vintage + modern chic all in one. I love the cute straps and whilst it's large enough to be practical it's also small enough to be very cute!
ASOS £17.00


 
 Next up we have these super classy gloves which as well as adding a real 'classic' feminine look to a look like this would look fab teamed with your winter coats for the cold!
Topshop £20.00


Lastly we have this beautiful hat to literally top things off! Super chic it'd look fabulous with a dress for a formal occasion or dressed down with skinnies and a blazer for a really chic off-duty look.

So there we are loves a Pretty Woman look for all you Pretty Women (I'm so charming/cheesy)
Hope you like!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment